Monday 31 December 2012

Day 15: 1 Timothy

Estimated Reading time: 10 mins
Biblical text (choose the version you like): http://www.biblica.com/bibles/chapter/?verse=1+Timothy+1&version=msg


Timothy and Titus are Paul's pastoral letters. He writes to his closest companions encouraging them on.  Meredith and Janet are TSCF student presidents in 2013; they regularly write to student leaders. Meredith asks, "As a student, what do you feel this book is saying to you? Pray for your CF and its challenges and triumphs of 2012 and the hopes and plans for 2013."

A story from Bhojpuri N. India. A 70 year old man planted 40 churches. He said, "Every morning my great niece reads to me from the Bible for one hour- I can't read so she reads for me. Then I think about what she read until lunch. I think about what it means and what God wants our family to do. When everyone comes in from the field for lunch, I tell them what God said through His Word to our family. Then I tell them to tell everyone they know what God said to our family that day. And they do. That's all."
Taken from Perspectives http://www.perspectives.org.nz/











No comments:

Post a Comment